Software offered as a service (or SaaS) is a way of delivering applications over the Internet as a service. Instead of installing and managing software, you simply access it via the Internet, freeing you from the complex management of software and hardware.
SaaS applications are sometimes referred to as web-based software, on-demand software or hosted software. Regardless of their name, SaaS applications run on the servers of a SaaS service provider. The latter manages access to the application, including security, availability and performance.
The advantages of SaaS
- the accessibility of any computer connected to the Internet through a secure and strong connection via a token (box generating a random code allowing authentication)
- the saving of technical human resources
- faster application deployment
- cost predictability
- application security and reliability
- transparency of updates
- backup automation
More security,...more continuity
Platform protected against disasters (bad weather, burglary, fire), Duplication and backup of data, protected files, encrypted data exchange protocol, Different levels of identification (Virtual Office + Applications).
Support for the supervision, maintenance and administration of servers, Rapid deployment of applications, regular centralized software updates, single point of contact, Access to software from any workstation equipped with an Internet browser.
More productivity,...Access to systems, anytime, anywhere...
True availability of critical applications, access to hitherto too expensive new technologies and high-end applications, hitherto too expensive, application sharing, information exchange with your privileged contacts, use of remote software (teleworking, etc.).
SaaS has been designed to enhance the security of the information lifecycle.
For this purpose, the following points have been particularly studied:
- The connection to applications
- Data transfer
- Data segregation
- Data security for internal access
- The guarantee of data integrity
The connection to applications
There is an infrastructure in place to secure communications from the Internet to the SaaS network and block all malicious activity.
This system consists of:
- a firewall
- coupled with intrusion prevention equipment able to detect and clean dangerous traffic.
The connection to the applications can only be made from a site accessible by the HTTPS protocol.
An official certificate is in place, under the authority of our partner GlobalSign, to ensure the identity of the website. This element helps to certify that you are signing in on https://www.daas.lu.
To ensure that the person connecting to the portal is "the right one", strong authentication technology is used.
To login to the SaaS infrastructure, are required:
- a user name.
- a password that complies with complexity best practices.
The user will receive this personal token when activating the service.
All communication to the https://www.daas.lu website is encrypted using SSL technology. (128-bit key).
- Confidentiality: It is impossible to spy on the exchanged information.
- Integrity: It is impossible to fake the exchanged information.
- Authentication: It ensures the identity of the program, person or company with whom you are communicating.
Each customer has his/her own database and DBMS. Data segregation is ensured by the fact that databases are distinct and do not communicate with each other.
Data security for internal access
Physical access to computer equipment is strictly controlled and regulated by an electronic authentication system located at each access to this room. In addition, the room hosting the platform has all the features in terms of:
- cooling system
- required alarm and fire-fighting systems required.
- power supply that is fully redundant through the use of UPS and a generator set adjacent to the premises.
The SaaS network is not available, via Telindus' internal network, to any Telindus employees other than SaaS system administrators. This network is placed in a network outside Telindus’ private one. SaaS is a fully-fledged entity that uses a dedicated network.
The guarantee of data integrity
Customer data is stored on centralized storage equipment. In addition, each server and database is backed up twice daily on tape.
Each backup has a retention period of 4 weeks.